We can provide you with the information you need about your vehicle and the law in Spain.

We can offer you advise and can help you with all the paperwork necessary to import vehicles, change or renew driving licenses, take vehicles off the road etc.

Don’t hesitate to contact us.


In the UK

For information from the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) on taking your vehicle out of the UK permanently or temporarily, please see the UK’s DirectGov website

In Spain

Importing your UK registered vehicle from the UK to Spain

If you spend longer than six months of the year in Spain with your UK registered car, Spanish law says you must register your vehicle with the Spanish authorities.

For information on how to do this (including how to change your license plate) contact us at Alpujarra Conect where we can give you useful guidance about all aspects of importing your vehicle.

Please note that it is unlikely that you will be able to register right hand drive vehicles such as vans and commercial vehicles. UK registered vehicles being driven in Spain must comply with all UK requirements for Road Tax, M.O.T.etc.